A Peep into the Idea of Yacht Charter Greece
Yacht Charter Greece offers one of the most phenomenal experiences among the other yachting destinations in the Mediterranean. It has an unimaginably extended shoreline and somewhere between 6000 islands to traverse and explore with private yachts. It offers never-ending activities and discoveries and an unforgettable vacation.
What makes Greece the ideal hub for yachting?
- The vast number of islands with the perfect sceneries and gorgeous natural beauty.
- A rich cultural destination with so much to learn and discover.
- Beautiful coral reefs, wreck sites, and underwater caves offer an amazing opportunity for scuba-diving and often snorkelling.
- Out of the world cuisine with unbelievable spices and ingredients.
- One of the most extended coastal lines situated in the European world.
The Most Remarkable Places for Yacht Charter Greece:
The islands and the mainland of Greece almost cover an area of 1,31,957 sq. km. The island groups are generally divided into five main regions, all being popular and attractive for yacht-travellers. Halkidiki and the Peloponnese are two peninsulas that are also considered the hotspots of the luxury yachts.
To see best Gulet Rental Greece deals, click here.
With so many options of marinas to choose from, it can be hard to decide where to board and where to go. To make things easier for you, here is a list of charter yacht Greece destinations broken down with popular spots and attractions–
- Saronic Islands (Spetses, Hydra, Poros, Aegina) is best known for isolated beaches, hiking and cycling trails, cultural dining.
- Cyclades Islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros) is famous for beach clubs and restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, and delicious dining.
- Dodecanese Islands (Simi, Kos, Rhodes) are famous for the cultural attractions, calm anchorages, ancient towns, snorkelling, and swimming.
- Sporades Islands (Skopelos, Alonissos, Skyros, Skiathos) is known for its serene ambiance, unspoilt nature, virgin beaches.
- Ionian Islands (Zakynthos, Corfu, Kefalonia, Ithaca) is well-known for beautiful beach-spots, scuba diving, short-hop sailing.
- The Peloponnese Region (Patras, Nafplion, Kalamata, Corinth) is mostly known for its ancient culture, quiet moorings, pretty beaches, beautiful towns.
- The Halkidiki Region (Sani, Kassandreia) is best for heritage sights, pristine beaches, snorkelling, and swimming.
With all this information you can choose the best for you based on your holiday dream activities.
Yacht Charter Greece Types:
Let us figure out how many types of Yacht Charter Greece are available for you. To keep it simple, we can break it into three categories. They are –
Motor Yacht Charter Greece :
Motor yachts are sporty, speedy, and stylish. These yachts come with a planing hull. It ensures speedy zipping between islands saving much of your time and offering the most out of your vacation plan. The super-luxurious mega-yachts have facilities such as gyms, movie theatres, and wellness suits perfect for group or family vacations.
Sailing Yacht Charter Greece :
Sailing yachts are light sailing vessels that feature medium to great masts. There are numerous sailing yachts available in the summer seasons that sail smoothly with the propulsion of light summer winds. The hotspots for sailing charter yacht Greece are Kefalonia, Corfu, and the Sporades Islands. While the other considerations are the Dodecanese and the Cyclades islands, where it could be a little challenging to place the anchor due to the winds, that’s why you might have to be ready to spend the nights in ports.
Gulet Yacht Charter Greece :
Gulets are Turkish-built traditional sailing yacht fashioned with wood. These Turkish yachts are usually three or two-masted vessels that are generally larger than the regular size sailing yachts. Most of them are wooden, but some modern versions are also present that are made from aluminium and steel. Luxury gulets are nice alternatives for other types of charter yacht Greece. These luxury yachts come with a motor working underway to travel the distance faster, displacement hulls, and budget-friendly packages. Besides, it also boards local crew members that can also work as fantastic guides.
The Best Boarding Point for Charter Yacht Greece:
Athens, the ancient cultural point and modern-day capital of Greece is the centre of the country’s most exotic yacht activities. It has numerous marinas to start your journey from. And the best part is most of the charter fleet offers a homeport in this city.
However, you can also start your journey from other beautiful points such as Gouvia Marina of Corfu, Port Zakynthos of Zante, and such.
Visiting Greece for chartering is best in the summer seasons, the peak months being July and August. However, you can also plan your charter yacht Greece in comparatively less warm months of May and September too.
We suggest you to take expert advice before booking a charter yacht Greece is crucially important to have a clear idea about the market prices, offers, facilities, and types of packages to ensure the best yacht charter experience in Greece.
If you need a Gulet Charter Greece, click here.
Click here to see all Yachts for Charter.