An Insight on Hiring Gulets in Turkey
Before you can hire a gulet, you must have these following questions answered:
- What is the base price for chartering a gulet?
- What is included in the rate that is being charged?
- Are there any extras that come along with it? If yes, then what?
- What is an all-inclusive gulet charter Turkey?
- What are the terms and conditions for renting a gulet?
What are the factors that decide the cost of renting gulets Turkey?
The fee for gulets in Turkey is set by the owners. The rate comprises of several things, including rent charges usually taken on a weekly basis, crew services, insurance of gulet, fuel, etc. Food and drinks that you consume are calculated separately. However, if you are hiring an all-inclusive gulet cruise, then the food price is already included in it.
There are some more factors that may impact the rent of gulets Turkey such as:
- Size and type of the gulet
- Destinations included in the cruise
- Look at the gulet (old or new)
- Season in which you are planning to rent the gulet
- Port taxes
- Transportation of passengers from the airport to gulet and back
Tips are not necessary, but the crew members appreciate them! Most gulets in Turkey will permit passengers to bring drinks on board with them if you pay a small corkage fee to the owner. Those who don’t wish to carry their drinks can buy drinks from the bar in the gulet.
Water sports or motorised water sports such as snorkelling, water skiing, jet ski, etc., are all usually charged for if used by the passengers. Private marina visits, laundry, taxes, Wi-Fi, etc., may or may not be included in the charter and need to be borne by the passengers according to their usage.
Important Points to Remember Before Renting Turkey Gulets
Turkey is flocked by tourists all year round, and lately, gulet cruises have gained popularity. Competition is extremely high because there are a large number of gulets in Turkey available for chartering. Owners offer heavy discounts but remember the services will be compromised.
Tourists usually fall for heavy discounts and book the gulet that offers the lowest price. Here is what you may have to face if you are chartering Turkey gulets at unusual discounts.
- They will give you a very short cruise without covering any major destinations properly. This way, they will save on their fuel.
- The crew may not be trustworthy because the owner would have probably picked the cheapest one available at the price you offered.
- Do not expect mouth-watering Turkish delicacies to be served. You will be served basic food.
- The gulet may not be well maintained or very old.
Thus, even though chartering Turkey gulets at heavily discounted prices may look like a good bargain for you in the beginning, the experience may not be a good one. Look for good deals and how you can make most of the money you are paying to charter a gulet. Check for amenities, destinations included the type of food, the gulet, etc., before hiring the gulets in Turkey.
Select the Gulets in Turkey Wisely
Every gulet is different and offers a different set of amenities to the passengers. Some gulets are meant for couples, some for the elderly to relax, some are kids friendly for families to spend their vacation. In contrast, others are perfect for adventurous singles looking to make the most of their vacation in Turkey. Take your time and browse for Turkey gulets that best serve your purpose and help you have a good time in Turkey.
Turkish Gulets are Fun
A cruise in a gulet is indeed an overwhelming experience. You can sail along the Turkish coastline admiring the ancient cities, the volcanic mountains, the beautiful underwater ruins of Boncuklu and Cleopatra Bay. Swim around Pamukkale and enrich your skin in its mineral-rich waters, explore the marvels of the ancient cities, and so much more. Turkey is full of surprises, and there is nothing better than Turkey gulets that will make your holiday even more exciting.
Make sure you book the right gulets in Turkey to make your holiday here worthwhile!